For Horsham Nursery School
We are currently looking for two new co-opted governors to join our friendly governing body.
Our governors come from a range of different backgrounds, skills and experience but all share a common interest of wanting the best possible education for the children in our nursery.
We would be delighted to hear from anyone who:-
• Is interested in early years education
• Is community spirited and would like to represent the community
• Has spare time and the energy for the role
• Is able to work well as part of a team
• Has an enquiring mind and the confidence to ask questions and debate issues that affect the nursery
• Can consider matters objectively and make informed judgement These volunteer positions are open to parents/guardians or other people from the community. Co-opted governors are not elected by a parent election but are instead appointed directly by the governing body. What is the role of the governing body?
• Helping to set and review the schools strategic direction and agreeing targets for improvement
• Holding the Headteacher and school leaders to account for the educational performance of the nursery
• Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure public money is well spent What does the role offer?
• A chance to develop your own personal skills
• Access to a programme of free training in respect of education/governance matters
• A sense of achievement in helping make a difference to children reaching their potential
• The support and guidance from fellow governors
We have 6 full governing body meetings a year - usually on Mondays 7pm - 9pm Governors also have a responsibility for a particular area and will need to be able to visit the nursery during the day (once or twice a year) Governors may also be asked to sit on a committee, and these meetings usually take place during the day.
The Friends of Warnham Local Nature Reserve
Citizens Advice Horsham
Submit a quick enquiry to express your interest in this opportunity.