For Age UK Horsham District
We have recently relaunched our Garden View Café at our Lavinia House, Horsham premises. The Café provides a selection of refreshments, snacks and cooked lunches for up to 50 people a day including Lavinia House Social Club attendees, our staff, volunteers and other members of the public.
The role of our Café volunteers is to provide assistance so that our catering service is run to its highest level. Tasks within the Cafe can be wide and varied however we have a specific need for someone to sell refreshments, snacks and meals using our till (full training will be given). Other tasks may include; vegetable preparation, washing up, making teas and coffees, keeping the kitchen tidy and helping to serve lunch.
We are looking for volunteers who are able to cover a variety of hours from Tuesday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3.30pm.
No formal experience is needed, as all necessary training will be given, but ideally you will:
• Be enthusiastic about helping a local charity to support local older people
• Be trustworthy and reliable
• Have excellent communication and team working skills
• Have the desire to find out more about the work of Age UK Horsham District
• Have flexibility and the willingness to volunteer
• Keep up-to-date with the work of Age UK Horsham District to represent the charity in a professional manner
We would appreciate any time you are able to offer. If you are able to commit to regular hours (such as 2-3 hours per week/fortnight) we would be delighted to discuss this with you.
As it takes an amount of time and resource to welcome new volunteers on board, we would appreciate it if you pledged to support us initially for a minimum of 3 months.
What we offer:
• You will be given an induction and any necessary training for this role
• Members of the Team will help and support you when volunteering
• You will be able to develop new and existing skills if you wish to do so
• Volunteering is fun and rewarding and a great way of meeting new people
• You will be working as part of a dedicated and motivated team of volunteers
• You will have the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of local older people
• Volunteers can claim all reasonable and previously agreed expenses (such as for travel or reimbursement for items purchased)
No additional details recorded for this opportunity.
Our Lavinia House Social Club is open Tuesday – Friday, from 8.30am to 3.30pm.
Age UK Horsham District
West Sussex County Council - Independent Visitor Scheme
Billingshurst Community Partnership
Amberley Museum and Heritage Centre
Horsham District Older Peoples Forum
Community Minibus Association (West Sussex)
Submit a quick enquiry to express your interest in this opportunity.