For Happy Accidents CIC
Founded in 2018, Happy Accidents are passionate about community and the arts, and has to date delivered the inaugural Horsham Children\'s Parade in 2019 as part of the Horsham District Year of Culture.
We are now looking to expand our projects and are in need of someone who shares our vision and ethos to help to drive this forward. Can you help?
Job roles: These roles can be done by a single person with the right experience and skills, or by two people working together.
Time commitment: We do not expect this role to be too onerous, perhaps 2-6 hours a month. The treasurer/accountant will need to attend Board meetings 3 times a year and other meetings with the Director as required (either in person or online) at mutually convenient times. Other than that, it can be a remote working role.
Experience and skills:
We are looking for a skilled and experienced individual or individuals who can assist with the following:
- Handle receipt, recording transactions in and out, bank reconciliations and assist with the preparation of financial reports for board meetings.
- Prepare deposits to the bank and record them into the accounting system.
- Financial management and oversight.
- Develop an annual budget for the company and create long-term projections based on departmental needs and upcoming capital projects.
- Maintain an efficient system of policies that adequately control treasury activities.
- Ensure sufficient funds are available to cover operational and capital investment needs.
- Protection of company funds, securities, and financial products.
- Prepare financial reports for board meetings
Experience working with a grant funded not-for-profit would be advantageous but not essential.
Start Date: 25/01/2021
End Date: 25/01/2022
Flexible, working from home, perhaps 2-6 hours a month.
This opportunity has no specific location.
Horsham Denne Neighbourhood Council
Men Walk Talk
Horsham District Older Peoples Forum
Sussex Green Living
Submit a quick enquiry to express your interest in this opportunity.