For Equine Partners CIC
* to support our qualified staff facilitators in the therapy sessions
* be able to help us create a safe space, physically and emotionally, for the families and young people who come to us.
* assist with the care of the horses; mucking out, grooming, etc
*maintaining the site; setting up electric fencing, poo picking etc
* to participate in all aspects of the daily running of the project
* we use a natural horsemanship approach with our horses. We are happy to teach this to our volunteers
*Enhanced DBS is required as we work with children
* over 18
* understand and maintain confidentiality
*Confidence with horses is useful although all of ours are quite gentle and easy to handle. We will teach the skills required if need be
*ability to relate well with children, teens and their adults in a non judgemental way. The families who come to us do so because life is difficult and so need positive support and encouragement.
*the ability to see the best in people and recognise that people do the best they can with the resources they have available at the time.
No additional details recorded for this opportunity.
Especially Mondays 9-5 We are happy to have different people for days, half days, every week, fortnightly or once a month. Mondays are our critical need, other days would also be helpful
Horsham in Bloom
Pulborough Minibus Association (division of West Sussex Minibus Association)
Contact the Elderly. Horsham Groups
St. Catherine's Hospice
Sussex Prisoners' Families
Submit a quick enquiry to express your interest in this opportunity.