For Young Enterprise
All our programmes involve volunteers from the business world. Company Programme in particular is supported by a network of volunteer Area Boards. These Boards work in partnership with our staff to deliver Company Programme in their area (there are 7 across Sussex). In practical terms, this means helping to recruit and train business advisers, organising the local trade fair and area level competition event and providing YE Companies in the area with a Link Board member who will be the point of contact for the Link Teacher and Business Adviser and will report back to the board on the progress of their companies.
Boards can benefit from a wide range of skills, and specific roles on boards may vary slightly. If you have any of the following, your experience could benefit an Area Board:
- Strong links with the local area’s business networks
- Experience in (volunteer) recruitment or training
- Fundraising experience
- Skills in PR/Publicity
- Event management experience
- Strong administration skills
- Management experience, particularly, but not exclusively, management of volunteers
- Interest in working for the benefit of young people
- Understanding of the secondary education system
- Experience as a chair, treasurer or secretary for any committee or group
No additional details recorded for this opportunity.
Monthly - usually late afternoon (4.30pm) on weekdays (usually Mondays)
Horsham District Council
Carers Support West Sussex
Horsham in Bloom
Sussex Prisoners' Families
St. Catherine's Hospice
Submit a quick enquiry to express your interest in this opportunity.